I’m an addict. There. I said it. I need an intervention. Maybe I prefer the word fanatic? When I get started on something, I don’t let it go. It’s a very good thing that I never got started on alcohol.
I’m fanatical about lots of things.
1. The Pioneer Woman. And now she has a new section on her website and I’m fanatically addicted to reading it every day. The section is “entertainment” and you must go check it out right now if you are at all interested in movies and TV. It will send you straight to redbox to rent movies.
2. Healthy Eating. Don’t get me started talking about it unless you have all day. Yesterday at my Bee I got in a big discussion with Sue about protein. Then spent hours last night researching how much protein we really need. Fanatical. That’s me. I’ve lost 37 pounds since January 19th when all this started. And I feel great. And I get to eat as much as I want of wonderful things. Like these:
Pinto Bean Waffles. They are the best. I challenge you to try them. And even children don’t have a clue what’s in them.
Black Bean Salad – Mmmmmmm good.
Roasted veggies. All the veggies that I have in the fridge. I love them. They fill me up and satisfy my soul. Yum.
And please don’t tell me that Number 1 and Number 2 are in direct conflict with each other. I already know that I’m conflicted.
3. Baseball. I’m so fanatical about baseball. I watch the games every night! It didn’t help that I went to a game recently. Now I can’t seem to get enough baseball.
Pretty soon I’ll know all the ERA and RBI stats and be able to spout them at will. As soon as I figure out what ERA and RBI mean. And LOB, OBP, SLG, BB and E-I-E-I-O. Do baseball people have a strange fanaticism about the alphabet or something?
4. Quilting. Although you can’t tell it from this blog any more, can you? One day I’ll get back to more quilting pics. Really I will. It’ll be a big surprise. I promise.
5. Blogging. Although you sure couldn’t tell it lately. See numbers 1, 2, 3 & especially number 6.
6. My latest addiction. I have a new toy.
It’s a ‘droid and isn’t it pretty? Notice the quilt in the background. See? I used to make quilts. Before I got addicted to this:
No, not Boo. But isn’t he cute on my ‘droid?
Here’s another pic of Boo on my ‘droid. Because you need to see it.
Notice the time. It’s my best time of day for my new addiction.
It’s Words with Friends! Notice the two words at the top of the gameboard. I’m showing you this gameboard because it’s very unusual for me to see those words. It usually says “You Lost!” Because the 19 friends that I’m playing this game with have been doing it a lot longer than I have. They are way ahead of me in vocabulary it seems. And yes, you read that correctly. I have nineteen games of scrabble on my cell phone. What’s this world coming to?
Isn’t the gameboard pretty? I love all the colors and the cute little letter tiles. And the fact that I won this game at nearly 1:00 a.m. Yes, I’m addicted. Fanatically addicted. I don’t even bother anymore with – what is a “qi?” Or a “xu” for that matter. If the board takes it, I run with it.
And if you’re a Words with Friends player, don’t even think of starting a game with me. Many times I have already gotten the “you have exceeded the number of games allowed and can’t start a new one” message when I ask for a rematch. Why did they set a limit, I wonder?
Working on a fanatical vocabulary,
P.S. I’m still fanatical about cats too. Get off the keyboard, Boo! That Boo. Practicing his typing again in my p.s. line……..
I’m addicted to W/F, too, Barb!! 😀 Check me out-mlcasada- when you are bored with your 19 other games (I only have 15 games! LOL)!! I take breaks from quilting to type in words. And I love to WIN! I’m hoping to get addicted to healthy eating…I’m not optimistic. 😀
OK, I know this is in direct conflict with your healthy eating addiction, but I am fanatical about Chocolate! Some days I wish I had an allergy to it, but then, really, NOT. I’m glad I’m one of your Friends you Word with 🙂 Glad you took some time off of your playlist to blog today!!
37Lbs!!!!! You go girl!!! That is terrific! Lots of protein in veggies. We westerners eat way to much protein in the first place. What do you put on your veggies when you roast them? Inquiring minds want to know. Your Doc is really going to be pleased……Sandi
I always throw on some chopped garlic and sliced onions. Then drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle Montreal (or Canadian) Steak Seasoning over all. Bake at 425° for about 30 minutes. YUM!
Susan, don’t U love it that she posted your game! Hee Hee!
NINETEEN! Yeah, no, yeah, no – sure can’t figure out why they want to cut-off #! Play awhay!
THIRTY SEVEN! That’s a most impressive figure! And so is yours! Skinny jeans, etc!
Some “fanaticism” has good results!
Love the blog!!!!!
And now I have twenty. Sigh. How’s a girl supposed to have time to blog?
Oh, how I hate Pioneer Woman and her fakery, and her horrible recipes, which she copies from other horrible cookbooks. How much fat,sugar,salt does one want? She is not what she wants you to think she is.
To each his/her own, Rae! Apparently there are a whole lot of folks out there who disagree with you. And although I’ve taken a turn from the fat, sugar and salt and am blogging about my healthy eating, I still enjoy PW and read her blog every day.
You know there is a 12 step program for that…all of that!
Does this mean I can send you text messages now?
No, Cindy. Just because I can play Words with Friends does NOT mean we purchased an unlimited texting plan too. I’m always good with email.